40 years ago I was standing in the shower, looking across to the bay of Antibes and thought, I want this!
22 years ago I started making real changes. No more 9-5.
12 years ago I turned my dream into reality.
From Sutton Coldfield to the south of France via Southampton.
The story of how a single, self-employed and rarely solvent, wrong side of 50, female, follows her heart.
Here was my 10 point plan.
- Know what you want.
- Be realistic. Don’t go the ‘all or nothing’ route. **
- Close your eyes and ‘see’ your future.
- Draw up a plan. A mood board helps.
- Deadlines are crucial.
- Do not wait for the perfect time. There isn’t one.
- Only tell others on a need to know basis.
- Do a dry run or 3. Research is vital.
- Focus. Focus. Focus.
**”When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, DON’T adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” ~ Confucius
More soon…I am ploughing through my diaries…
I could be a while.